According to Gartner, the worldwide x86 server virtualization market reached $5.6 billion in 2016. What began as a means to improve server utilization, has now evolved into a compelling force that has managed to virtualize the complete hardware and software portfolio of an enterprise from desktop to datacenter. Calsoft, one of the earliest contributors to virtualization technologies from leading product companies, has relentlessly followed the latest innovations and actively implemented them in customer projects.
Calsoft assists product companies in developing next generation virtualization products through its expertise across virtualization technologies such as VMware’s ESX, Microsoft’s Hyper-V, Citrix’s Xen Server, and Linux’s KVM. Customers leverage our deep know-how and skills in building, testing, and deploying products that operate seamlessly in the diverse virtual ecosystem.
Calsoft’s Virtualization Expertise
Calsoft helps product companies integrate their products with the VMware ecosystem through:
- VMware Storage Certification: Certification services to help storage vendors improve credibility by demonstrating conformance to VMware interoperability standards.
- VMware vCenter Operations Manager: Integration of virtual environments with VCOPS through VCOPS External Adaptor and VCOPS Embedded Adaptor.
- vCloud Director and vCenter Lab Manager: vCloud Director integration with cloud services. Calsoft is a VMware TAP Alliance Partner – Elite Level.
- VMware Orchestrator Plugin: vCO plugin development for integration with multiple appliances, creating integrated alerts, and easy monitoring through a single dashboard.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Services: Solution development for VDI deployments across data deduplication, security, monitoring, scalability, and P2V/V2P provisioning.
- vCenter Plug-in development: Development of vCenter plugins to ensure backward compatibility, enhanced usability, security, and a single point of access.
- VMware APIs for Array Integration ( VAAI ): Readymade VAAI test framework specially created for storage vendors looking to validate their VAAI implementation.
ISVs and hardware vendors hire Calsoft to integrate their products with the Microsoft ecosystem to efficiently manage datacenters and build solutions for IT process automation.
- Microsoft System Center Integration: Integration with System Center 2012 through plugins and adaptors for SCVMM, SCOM, SCSM, SCCM, and SCO.
- Hyper-V plugin development: Development of plugins to easily access and manage key Hyper-V functionality.
Virtual Machine Archival APIs
Server virtualization vendors as well as data protection vendors hire Calsoft to enable standardization of APIs for virtual machine archival.
- Backup and Archival (IBM Tivoli, Symantec, Commvault)
- Support various virtualization environments (VMware, HyperV, Citrix Xen, KVM) with minimal changes to the archival product.
- Enable entry into new markets.