Global connectivity of enterprise grade offices, is disrupted. WAN connectivity, with MPLS & MetroEthernets, is getting charmed with adoption of cloud and Software defined technology. SD-WAN, Software Defined – WAN, is the answer to expensive, higher time-to-commission & exclusive WAN offerings. It has added advantages of on-demand & need-basis WAN provisioning, optimized routing of cloud traffic and enhanced security, visibility & monitoring.
Software Defined WAN is the latest wave on the WAN arena.
- It amalgamates different WAN technologies – legacy & new
- It is cloud-native & cloud-aware
- It can route traffic based on application data.
- It can apply security measures like Deep packet inspection (DPI), Firewall policies & encryption on traffic
The value additions are on-demand and on need basis. They can be orchestrated centrally, with minimal or no dependency on remote branch.
Calsoft’s Software Defined-Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) Services
Calsoft helps SD-WAN vendors in developing software modules, to enhance their ongoing development efforts:
- Pluggable module for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) & Application identification
- Customer premise Equipment (CPE) reporting module
- VXLAN tunnelling library
- Service chaining engine
Calsoft helps SD-WAN vendors in making their products compliant to existing platforms of Network Virtualization & Cloud
- Plugin development as per requirement of framework
- Edge configuration in framework
- Automation scripts/DevOps components for orchestrated deployment
Calsoft has rich expertise in Quality Assurance across multiple computing & networking domains. A SD-WAN vendor can expect
- End to end testing of SD-WAN solution, right from CPE deployment to central orchestration.
- Performance & benchmarking on different hardware & ecosystems
- Penetration testing, vulnerability assessment & hardening of software
- Conformation of separation of mutli-tenant environment
Calsoft contributes in generating white-papers on best practices for choosing a SD-WAN vendor.
- Identification of selection criteria
- Evaluation methods for each criteria
- Comparative study of different approaches
- Guidance on dos & donts while selecting a vendor