Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) is one of the important practices of DevOps. It helps organization to easily and responsibly manage infrastructures and make changes to it, with low risk. IaC removes risk associated with manual configurations, which help in decreasing downtime and increasing reliability. This podcast talks about IaC, tools that are used for it, mainly Ansible and Puppet, and how IaaC can help organization move towards implementing a culture of DevOps.
Key takeaways from this podcast are:
- DevOps and different practices
- What is Infrastructure-as-code (IaC)
- What tools are used for IaC?
- Working of these different tools?
- What tools should be used?
- Benefits of IaC
- Roadmap and adoption of DevOps and IaC
About Speaker – Saptak Takalkar (DevOps Evangelist)
Saptak is a graduate of University of Texas at Dallas (MS in Computer Science). He has experience working in the Cloud and HealthCare domain. Currently, he is working on different DevOps and OpenStack projects, here at Calsoft.