- 6 to 10 yrs experience in Networking QA
- Strong Networking experience with good understanding of TCP/IP, IGMP, VXLAN, VLAN, TCP/UDP, ARP, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Experience with NSX is highly preferred
- Experience with VMware ecosystem (like ESXi, VCP, etc.) is preferred
- Python or any other automation skill will be a BIG PLUS
- Strong testing skill in L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP networking technologies (VLAN, ether channel, Multicast, ACL etc)
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers (IOS and NXOS) is a plus
- Basic IP routing protocol experience and knowledge. Extensive routing protocol experience is not a requirement but is a plus (see below)
- L4 TCP and UDP transport layer knowledge
- L7 application knowledge in at least a few of the following protocols (like HTTP, Streaming media RTSP, SIP, FTP, SSH, TFTP)
- Knowledge in SDN, OFP, OVS & OpenStack Networking will be a big plus.
- Experience with VMware/Hyper-V/KVM would be a plus
- Good working knowledge with traffic generators and analyzers (Spirent, IXIA, Iperf, Netperf, Iometer, etc.)
- Ability to plan independently and execute product testing with quality (White box, Black box testing, Scalability, performance, solution and system testing)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills