Open Unified Data Protection and Business Continuity
– Dr. Anupam Bhide, CEO/Founder, Calsoft
- Applications – SAP, Exchange, Share Point more
- Middleware – Databases, Web Servers, Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, UNIX & Hypervisors
- Servers – Servers (Physical), Blades, Servers (Virtualized)
- Network – Switches Physical & Virtual, Routers, Firewalls
- Storage – SAN, NAS, DAS, Cloud
All components in the enterprise system uses persistent storage in the form of DAS, NAS or SAN. The unified model presented and implemented by Calsoft explores a open independent framework for data protection using storage level snapshots. The framework uses SMI-S to interact with various enterprise system components and ensures a consistent state to perform data protection and disaster recovery.
- Efficient Storage Provisioning and Storage Management
- Protect Data from Corruptions and Attacks
- Integration between Applications, Middle tier, OS /Hypervisors, Physical (Server) Layer and Storage
- SNIA – SMI-S and a move to build an open standards for providing data protection at all levels.
- To address the challenges faced in data protection of complex enterprise systems today