Our customer (US based company) is a global provider of data center infrastructure consulting services. They are the leading provider of virtualization technology solutions and services. They provide virtual infrastructure technology solutions for today’s most complex and challenging IT business issues.
Our customer was looking for an ideal offshore partner who can work as an extended engineering team to build an on-demand, remotely accessible sandbox for their customers to evaluate and test the feasibility of virtualization technologies on VMware, Microsoft and Citrix platforms.
Calsoft started with building a web based application to provision on-demand labs carved out of available virtual resources. We consolidated VMware View, VMware vCloudDirector API for provisioning labs which was then integrated with Microsoft ActiveDirectory for user management and Role-based access control. We have also consolidated Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and VMware VISDK API for monitoring virtual resources.
Now our customer can:
- Test, validate and evaluate multi-vendor desktop virtualization solutions and strategies
- Benchmark cost and performance metrics of various architectural designs
- Dramatically reduce complexities of the overall effort to evaluate virtualization based solutions
- Socialize the solutions internally to business and technical stake-holders
- Demonstrate interoperability with existing customer-side installed virtualization solutions
We used technologies like Java, C#, Jetty Web Server, MySQL, Hyper-V APIs, XEN SDK, VMware SDK,vCloudDirector REST API and Ant to develop this product.
We follow stringent IP protection and confidentiality practices and policies. At Calsoft, multiple customer projects run concurrently but we never had a single breach of customer confidentiality in past 12+ years.
Our customer got several benefits with this engagement
- Remotely setting up a virtualization lab with few clicks of mouse
- Lowered number of physical server required which led to reduced hardware maintenance cost physical server
“I wanted to let you know how incredible your development team is and how much they have done to help us create an incredible software tool in Virtualization Lab”
– John Premus, Director, Infrastructure Services