The flash array marketplace, consisting of both all-flash and hybrid arrays, has been on fire for a while now. For architects and engineers who need to design high performing IT environments, flash can provide tremendous performance, speed, and environmental advantages. However, these advantages have to be balanced alongside possible cost and performance reductions, when technologies such as data compression and de-duplication are enabled.
Calsoft’s niche engineering services help Flash / SSD array providers optimize their products for virtual environments and improve performance, endurance, and reliability. Our expertise in the storage space assists customers with
- Solving data integrity, de-duplication, and data compression challenges
- Developing vCenter plug-ins for storage appliances
- Enabling VAAI support
- Integrating storage appliances with Linux LIO and Windows Hyper-V stack
- Optimizing Flash “write” performance with firmware development
- Developing PCIe device driver / PCIe card based flash cache
Calsoft has also developed several Flash based IPs that help customers reap more storage for every dollar spent on SSD. Learn more about our IPs here
- Hardware Accelerated Compression for Enterprise Flash
- Fully Functional Flash Translation Layer
- SSD Performance Test Suite
Contact Calsoft today to build SSD based solutions.