75% of IT executives expressed concern about security issues, continuous service availability, cloud vendor lock-in and application of policies for data management when considering cloud as a storage option (ref: IDC Enterprise panel).
Calsoft’s UCCI – Unified Cloud Caching Interface has overcome these issues with high performance caching component located at premises of the enterprise and communicates with outside cloud storage.
- Persist cache data for rapid cache warm up or immediate cache restore
- Achieve high availability and scalability for data protection
- Increased storage capacity and low TCO
- De-duplication, encryption and compression
- Application of data management policies
UCCI appliance is connected to clients via a high performance LAN with dual giga bit Ethernet connections and has an optional dual port GigE add-on card to increase network performance. UCCI is connected via internet gateway to the cloud providers using Internet as a storage bus. Protocols that UCCI uses to communicate with the clients are usual NAS protocols (NFS, CIFS, WebDAV, FTP, RSYNC) and SAN protocols (iSCSI, FC).
- Cloud caching is installed and connected to the network using UCCI user interface
- Once configured, users can registered either by the individual clients or by an administrator
- Once the user is created an appropriate share with an associated protocol is created
- Each share has an associated cloud storage account for backup as well as caching
- After device been installed and shares created, shares are mounted by the client using an appropriate protocol
- In order to backup database files or VMware Virtual machine images, the files are copied to the shares
- We also support storage of these files on iSCSI LUNs which are backed up by auto sync feature to another UCCI
- Customer use UCCI either as a primary storage device or as a secondary storage device
- UCCI box encrypts data at enterprise and user level
- Data is secure and cannot be misappropriated
- UCCI box can also serve as a file indexer for the files
- Clustered to provide an active cluster to ensure high availability
Contact Calsoft today to solve your security issue with cloud computing.