VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). It embeds networking and security functionalities, that are typically handled by hardware, directly into the hypervisor. It delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for networking and security, and unlocks the ability for IT to move at the speed of business.
Calsoft helps integrate the following product categories with NSX:
- Integration with Security Products (Firewall, IDS, IPS, etc.) where the security is provided by checking all/selected flows and packets, be it E-W or N-S traffic in the virtual environment.
- Integration with Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Products where the VMs can be scanned efficiently from outside with close-to-no changes to VMs
- Integration with Security Auditing Solutions for ensuring PCI, PHI, PII compliance and/or auditing security events/logs generated in the NSX environment
- Integration with Cloud Management Platforms (CMP) where NSX is already deployed or will be deployed in the cloud to be managed
- Integration with Hardware VXLAN VTEP where VTEP provides Virtual-to-Physical workload access along with hardware-based acceleration
- Integration with Cloud/Infrastructure/Network Monitoring Products where the monitoring solution needs to –
- Monitor all/selective flows and/or
- Rely on statistics provided by NSX and/or
- The threshold-based health status of VMs
- Integration with SD-WAN products to co-ordinate with NSX for making right policy decisions
- Integration with Application Delivery Controllers where ADC components (Proxy, Loadbalancer, Firewall) are deployed as per the VM-based application deployment
- Integration with BYOD-specific Security Products where access to VMs/applications is regulated using IP and user-level access as specified in a centralized controller by the administrator.