VMware NSX is the network virtualization platform for the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). It embeds networking and security functionality that is typically handled in hardware directly into the hypervisor. It delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for networking and security and unlocks the ability for IT to move at the speed of business.
Having firsthand experience in this space, Calsoft, is well placed to help integrate various products with NSX at ease.
Following are the product categories which can integrate with NSX & Calsoft can quickly help with integration engineering:
- Integration with Security Products (Firewall, IDS, IPS, etc.) where the security is provided by checking all/selected flows and packets, be it E-W or N-S traffic in the virtual environment.
- Integration with Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware Products where the VMs can be scanned from outside and efficiently with close-to-no changes to VMs
- Integration with Security Auditing Solutions for ensuring PCI, PHI,PII compliance and/or auditing security events/logs generated in NSX environment
- Integration with Cloud Management Platforms (CMP) where NSX is already deployed or planned to be deployed in the cloud to be managed
- Integration with Hardware VXLAN VTEP where VTEP provides Virtual-to-Physical workload access along with hardware-based acceleration
- Integration with Cloud/Infrastructure/Network Monitoring Products where monitoring solution needs to –
- Monitor all/selective flows and/or
- Rely on statistics provided by NSX and/or
- The Threshold-based health status of VMs
- Integration with SD-WAN products to co-ordinate with NSX for making right policy decisions
- Integration with Application Delivery Controllers where ADC components (Proxy, Loadbalancer, Firewall) are deployed as per the VM-based application deployment.
- Integration with BYOD-specific Security Products where access to VMs/applications is regulated using IP and user-level access as specified in centralized controller by administrator.
Contact Calsoft to know more about our NSX Integration Expertise